Energy efficiency for historic buildings
Warwick District Council declared a Climate Emergency in June 2019 and aims to become a carbon-neutral organisation by 2025. Nationally, about 20% of all homes were built before 1919, using traditional methods and materials. Maintaining these buildings is a powerful climate action, as it ‘locks in’ the carbon used to build these in the first place.
See our energy efficiency for historic buildings page for further guidance.
South Warwickshire Local Plan Issues and Options Consultation
Warwick and Stratford-on-Avon District Councils have recently undertaken an Issues and Options Consultation and Call for Sites for the South Warwickshire Local Plan. This ran for a period of 8 weeks between Monday 9 January and Monday 6 March 2023. Consultation responses and Call for Sites submissions are currently being processed, and will be published in due course. More information can be found on the South Warwickshire Local Plan website.
Net Zero Carbon DPD submitted for examination
The Net Zero Carbon DPD was submitted to the Secretary of State, through the Planning Inspectorate, on 17th October 2022. An independent examination will be undertaken into the soundness and legal compliance of the Plan.
Further details of the examination process, and the documents submitted, can be seen at - Net Zero Carbon DPD submitted for examination.
Cubbington Public Path Diversion Order
- Cubbington Public Path Diversion Order
- Cubbington Footpath Order
- Cubbington Footpath Order Plan
- Cubbington Footpath Press Notice
Warwick District Local Plan – Notice of Amendment Regarding Policy Map No. 19. – Sherbourne
Please be advised that this website was amended on 22nd December 2020 to display the definitive and accurate Local Plan Policy Map for Sherbourne. The information depicted on this map is in accordance with the Map that was agreed at the Local Plan Examination and subsequently formally Adopted by Warwick District Council in 2017.
Regrettably, due to an administrational error, an inaccurate variant of the Sherbourne Policy Map has been previously posted on this website and also bound within hard copies of the Local Plan.
Replacement hard copies of this Map will be available on request from the Planning Policy Team.
- 2021/22 Infrastructure Funding Statement published - December 2022
- Burton Green Neighbourhood Development Plan made - March 2022
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) 2022 Charging Schedule published - January 2022
- Authority Monitoring Report 2020/21 published - December 2021
- Bishop's Tachbrook Neighbourhood Development Plan made - October 2021
- 2021 Housing Trajectory and 5 Year Housing Land Supply Paper published - October 2021
- Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan and Radford Semele Neighbourhood Plan made - 12 May 2021
- Update on Policy DS19 'Review of the Local Plan' published - March 2021
- Q1 and Q2 2020/21 Developer Contribution Monitoring Reports published - March 2021
- Section 106 Agreements
For information on how we handle and process your personal data, please visit the planning privacy notice page.
Find out whether a specific proposed development would be likely to be acceptable and what the key issues will be before the submission of a formal application.
Discuss your proposals with a planning officer - types of advice and fees