The planning policies within the following list are used by the council when determining planning applications or deciding whether to enforce against unauthorised development.
- The Warwick District Local Plan (1996 - 2011). This was prepared by the Council and is the key document setting out the planning policies for the district
- Residential Design Guide
- Sustainable Buildings Supplementary Planning Document (including the Enplanner Toolkit)
- Open Space Supplementary Planning Document
- Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document
- Vehicle Parking Standards Supplementary Planning Document
- Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas Advice
- Shopfront Security (829KB,PDF)
- Design Advice Shopfronts
- Agricultural Buildings and Conversions (1.15MB,PDF)
- Site Specific Supplementary Planning Guidance
More strategic planning policy can be found within the following documents:
In order to keep the planning policies up-to-date, they are regularly reviewed. The Local Plan is currently being reviewed and will eventually be replaced with a new Local Plan. The Council have prepared a Local Development Scheme which sets out the timetable for preparing the New Local Plan over the next three years and identifies the opportunities for public involvement in the process.
To monitor the success of its policies and inform future reviews, the Council also undertakes land use monitoring and provides information on how the District is developing.
For further information and advice on planning policy, please call 01926 456525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting a breach
To find out what constitutes a breach and what the council can do, visit the report a potential breach page.
Planning policy email alerts
Would you like the council to keep you informed when we prepare new planning policy documents or carry out public consultations?
If so, please subscribe to our email alert service.