Neighbourhood planning gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood and shape the development and growth of their local area. Neighbourhood planning is optional. It is up to the individual communities to decide whether they want to use some or all of the neighbourhood planning options to shape the local area, or whether other existing planning tools (such as parish plans or village design statements) are more appropriate to achieve their aspirations. Further information on Neighbourhood Planning and the differences between different types of documents can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Parishes with an adopted neighbourhood plan will also be entitled to a higher proportion of revenues from the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) within their neighbourhood area.
Assistance for Neighbourhood Planning Groups
Warwick District Council is committed to assisting local communities that want to get involved in planning for development in their local areas.
A neighbourhood plan must conform to the strategic policies contained within the Local Plan.
- September 2020 - Burton Green Neighbourhood Development Plan submitted and subject to consultation.
- August 2020 - Radford Semele Neighbourhood Development Plan subject to Independent Examination.
- May 2020 - Bishops Tachbrook Neighbourhood Development Plan subject to Independent Examination.
- April 2020 - The Independent Examination of the Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan (RLSNDP) has successfully concluded. Subject to a number of modifications recommended by the Examiner, the RLSNDP may proceed to referendum.
Made Neighbourhood Plans
The neighbourhood plans listed below are 'made' (adopted) and are therefore have full development plan weight in the decision making process for planning applications in those neighbourhood areas.
- Kenilworth - November 2018
- Budbrooke - July 2018
- Leek Wootton and Guy's Cliffe - May 2018
- Baginton and Bubbenhall - March 2018
- Barford - October 2016
- Whitnash - January 2016
Neighbourhood Plans under preparation
A summary of the progress of each neighbourhood plan under preparation allows an overview at district level, and indicates the material weight that may be afforded in the decision making process on planning applications in that area. The neighbourhood areas are set out on a map. Further detail in relation to the evolution of each neighbourhood plan is available via the appropriate link below.
Keep up to date with Neighbourhood Plans
If you would like to keep up to date with the stages of Neighbourhood Plans where Warwick District Council has formal involvement please register on online consultation system and choose Neighbourhood Plans under Areas of Interest.