The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Contact details, email and phone number
How we get the personal information, and why we have it
The personal data is provided directly by you when you complete the web form. The information is collected so we can contact relevant individuals to collect pieces of artwork.
We may use your personal data so we can:
- Contact you to advise on your application for one of the old Leamington Station murals and make collection arrangements
Your personal data will not be shared with other organisations or individuals.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is:
- We need it to perform a public task – the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our departmental system.
We keep your name and contact details for the time the artwork is available + 2 months. We will keep your data for this period. Should an individual decide they no longer want to collect the artwork, we can contact another successful candidate.
We will then securely destroy your information by erasing all details and the web form from our system.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Please contact us at DPO@warwickdc.gov.uk if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at DPO@warwickdc.gov.uk or:Warwick District Council, Riverside House, Milverton Hill, Leamington Spa, CV32 5HZ
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
- ICO Website: https://www.ico.org.uk