Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
When you contact Private Sector Housing requesting advice or a property inspection you provide personal data so we may fulfil your request, this information is logged. The following privacy notice will explain how we store and use this data in line with UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
There are separate privacy statements explaining how we use your data for HMO Licence Applications, Immigration Inspections and Caravan and Camping site licence applications. The statements are included in the appropriate application forms.
What personal data we may collect from you
- Basic information such as address, telephone number, email address
- Details about the household composition
- Any other information provided in support of an application, such as medical evidence, proof of identification or any other information required to process your application with us
- We may also collect special personal data which includes religion, ethnic origin, disability and sexual orientation
How we use your personal data
The personal data you have provided in relation to this service request will be used to:
- record your request for advice or services
- contact you via post, email or telephone
- understand what we can do for you in relation to your requirement for services or advice
- gather evidence so that we may undertake our statutory functions efficiently
- help us to understand how we are performing at delivering services to you
We may not be able to provide a service to you if a report is made anonymously or not enough information is provided.
Who your information may be shared with (internally and externally)
We may share some information with other organisations or contact them for further information about your household, or refer you to for further support will depend on your personal circumstances, but may include Other public authorities and public partnerships (e.g. councils, schools, NHS providers, G.P's and other health providers, Police, government departments etc.)
- Voluntary and community sector and other non-commercial sector organisations that help us deliver services
- Registered Housing Providers, housing charities and private landlords and letting agencies
- Businesses that we contract with to help us deliver services
How long we keep your information (retention period)
Your information will be held for six years after your request for advice or a service is resolved.
For further details on your rights and the contact details for the Data Protection Officer, please see the Council’s Data Protection webpage.
How to complain
If you feel you have been treated unfairly you also have the right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk