The Private Sector Housing team deals with the following
- Housing standards and disrepair
- Tenant advice
- Landlord advice
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
- Empty properties
- Travellers and Gypsies
- Caravan and camping sites
- Landlord Forum
- Energy conservation and efficiency
- Property Inspections for immigration application purposes
The Home Environment Assessment and Response Team (HEART) can assist you with
- Disabled facility grants
- Assessments for aids and adaptations
Private Sector Housing News
Extension of HMO Licensing now in force - The team are busy with the extension of mandatory licensing. Shared properties with 5 or more unrelated people will require a licence from 1st October 2018. Landlords must contact us and make their licence application as soon as possible in order to avoid financial penalties or prosecution. The requirement for a property to have 3 storeys to qualify for licensing has been removed.
Section 21 - From 1st October 2018 all landlords wishing to use a section 21 notice must use the standard 6A form. No other versions will be valid. This form requires landlords to confirm they have served the prescribed information.
Retaliatory Eviction - the legislation now applies to ALL tenancies not just those which were created post October 2015. If your tenant has complained about disrepair and we subsequently serve an improvement notice, you cannot serve a section 21 on that tenant for 6 months.
Stock Condition Survey - Landlords, homeowners and tenants are being contacted to ask if Council appointed surveyors can inspect their properties as part of a Stock Condition Survey. ARCUS will inspect 1300 homes across the district to give us a good picture of the age, condition and safety of residents homes.
If you would like to receive notification of events and our newsletter you can join our email list by contacting the Landlord Liaison Officer via email at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Sector Housing Team
The team comprises of:
- Mark Lingard - Team Manager
- Paul Hughes - Senior Environmental Health Officer
- Ian Jackson - Senior Housing Standards Officer
- Rachel Watton - Environmental Health Officer
- Rebecca Frazer - Landlord Liaison Officer
- Baljinder Gill - Housing Standards Officer
- Tina Maisuria - Housing Standards Officer
- Amie Widdows - HMO Admin Officer
Working with us
We are committed to providing a great service that is fair and transparent. Our service standards tell you what you can expect when you work with us. For more information on how we use and store the data you give us, please refer to www.warwickdc.gov.uk/privacynotices
Email email@example.com or telephone (01926) 456 358