Tell us what you think about our site... Energy efficiency at home - Warwick District Council
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Service updates for the public and businesses. Welcome back to the town centres from 15 June.

Coronavirus information and advice

The Home Energy Conservation Act (HECA) requires local authorities to improve the energy efficiency of residential properties to help your home be as energy efficient as possible. Warwick District Council has partnered with Act on Energy which offers free advice and various grants for insulation and boilers and switching energy suppliers.

If you are a Council tenant, wanting information on your heating or insulation, please contact the housing team

Act on energy

To help make your home as energy efficient as possible, the Council is working in partnership with Act on Energy which is a local organisation providing free, impartial advice to residents. They advise on all aspects of home energy efficiency, including:

  • Grants for insulation
  • Boilers
  • Switching energy suppliers

If you would like to make enquiries, please contact Act On Energy:

Phone: 0800 988 2881
Download the ECO Flex Statement of Intent

Energy Saving Trust

The Energy Saving Trust is a government-funded organisation which helps residents countrywide to save energy and money in their homes. It provides free advice through the Energy Saving Trust website and advice line: 0300 123 1234 (national call rates apply).

Warwickshire Switch and Save

Join the Warwickshire collective energy switch scheme for free and without obligation. The scheme is managed by iChoosr and is open to all UK energy customers owning or renting a property. You can sign up as long as your name is on the energy bill. Pre-pay meter users can also register and there are several tariffs available including pre-payment, electric only and dual fuel (electricity and gas).

Many suppliers have increased their standard tariffs in the last few months, so now is a good time to see how much you can save. These are their ‘standard variable tariffs’. Suppliers will put you on this if you haven’t switched before or if your fixed term contract has ended. Seven out of ten households are on a standard tariff, which means these households could save the most by switching suppliers.

To register for the scheme, you will need a copy of your annual statement or recent electricity and/or gas bill. There are three ways to register: