Find out where your Council Tax goes and how much the District Council gets in our Council Tax Guide for 2021/22.
Council tax and coronavirus
If you are struggling to meet your council tax payments due to the coronavirus pandemic, please contact us as soon as you can so we are able to assist you. We are able to set up repayment plans and refer you to other avenues of assistance should you need it. If you are on a low or reduced income you can claim local council tax support online here council tax reduction
Council tax scam email
We are aware of a scam where people are receiving an email from Government Digital Services with details of a Council Tax refund and a link to fill in your bank details. If you receive such an email, please delete it and do not enter your bank details.
Council tax referendum
Council tax referendum statement 26 March 2020 - due to current coronavirus restrictions, the planned Council tax referendum will no longer take place.
Check your council tax band
Enter your postcode
Moving in or out - notify the council tax team
- Moving within Warwick district
- Moving into Warwick district
- Moving out of Warwick district
- Inform us of a change of tenant if you are a landlord (or an owner that doesn’t occupy)
- Payment options
- Register to vote
Direct debit and more forms
Eligibility, discounts and exemptions
Who has to pay council tax - plus details about single occupants, students, empty properties, second homes and other discounts and exemptions.
- Change of address forms - Moving into, within or out of the district
- Single person discount application form
- Discounts and exemptions application form
- General enquiry form
- Phone 01926 456760
Receive your bill electronically
You can choose to receive your bill electronically by choosing one of these options:
- Signing up for an online account where you bill will be generated onto your account for you to view. You can sign up for an online at my bills and benefits
- Signing up for e-billing where you bill is sent to you via an email. You can sign up for e-billing by sending us a request via a general enquiry form providing the email address you would like to receive your bills to. please quote your full name, address and your council tax account reference number on the form.
By choosing one of these options you will no longer receive a paper bill in the post. You can opt out of electronic billing or your online account at anytime by emailing us to request this and we will revert you back to paper billing again.
Council tax expenditure
Council tax fair processing notice
How we will use your information:
The information that you provide will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and relevant legislation. This authority has a duty to protect public funds it administers, and may use information held about you for the prevention and detection of fraud and other lawful purposes. This may include, but not be limited to, matching council tax data with electoral registration records. The council will also use the information for the purpose of performing any of its statutory enforcement duties. It will make any disclosures required by law and may also share this information with other bodies responsible for detecting/preventing fraud or auditing/administering public funds. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Council tax scam
We would like to warn council tax payers about dishonest individuals and companies that may be operating in your area. They may telephone you or appear personally at your door. Read about council tax scams.