Tell us what you think about our site... I am behind with my payments - Warwick District Council
Coronavirus alert

National lockdown rules apply in England. Stay at home.

Coronavirus information

Council tax and coronavirus

If you are struggling to meet your council tax payments due to the coronavirus pandemic, please contact us as soon as you can so we are able to assist you. We are able to set up repayment plans and refer you to other avenues of assistance should you need it. If you are on a low or reduced income you can claim local council tax support online here council tax reduction

I am behind with my payments

If you are behind with your payments, please let us know immediately. It is vital that you contact us as soon as possible. The longer you leave it and the debt builds up the harder it will be to make an acceptable arrangement to clear the debt.

Special circumstances - reductions under section 13a

We can sometimes give a short term council tax reduction to people who find themselves unexpectedly in exceptional circumstances. This type of reduction is called a Section 13a under the Local Government Finance Act.

We can only give a Section 13a reduction in exceptional situations. The money to cover the reductions comes out of our own funds and the decision to make a reduction and how much its for is at our discretion -we do not have to give a reduction to anyone.

Apply for a reduction under section 13a

Before applying you must:

You can apply for a reduction under Section 13a by downloading our policy and application form. Please read the policy carefully to see if you may qualify.

You can send the fully completed form and all the evidence requested back via email to or you can send it to us in the post to:

Council tax recovery team, Warwick District Council, Riverside House, Milverton Hill, Leamington Spa, CV32 5HZ


Contact details

  • Phone 01926 456760
  • Complete an online enquiry form (please include your council tax account reference number, details of your financial situation and an offer of repayment for us to consider)