Unable or unwilling to pay for containers

If you cannot pay for a container right now then unfortunately we will not be able to provide a container before payment has been received, and you will need to dispose of your waste legally in the interim. 

If you don't have safe and serviceable containers, we will not collect your refuse and recycling. Damaged containers that are deemed too dangerous to empty by the council's waste collection contractor will not be collected. 

The council has a legal requirement under section 45 of the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990 to collect household waste. Section 46 says that the local authority can define the kind of container to be used and require the occupier to pay for it. However, residents may prefer to dispose of their rubbish and recycling themselves.

You can use the Household Waste Recycling Centres at Princes Drive, Leamington Spa or Cherry Orchard, Kenilworth to dispose of your refuse, garden waste and/or recycling free of charge. Recycling can also be taken to one of the recycling sites across the district located at supermarkets and shopping precincts.