Examination in Public (September - December 2016)
The Local Plan Examination Hearings were formally closed by the Inspector, Mr Kevin Ward on 15th December 2016. Subsequent to the hearings a number of main modifications were proposed and consulted upon.
Hearing Sessions Venue, Timetable and Agendas
Initial hearings took place from 6th – 12th May 2015 within the Council Chamber of Leamington Spa Town Hall, The Parade, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4AT.
- Matters and Issues Paper (74kb, PDF)
- Timetable for Discussions v5 (72kb, PDF)
- Matter 1 Agenda - Duty to Co-operate
- Matter 2 Agenda - Overall Provision for Housing
- Matter 3 Agenda - Supply & Delivery of Housing
Hearing Sessions resumed at 09.30am on Tuesday 27th September 2016 within the Assembly Hall of Leamington Spa Town Hall, The Parade, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4AT.
The first 6 weeks of Hearings were held in the Town Hall before moving to the Bowls Pavilion, Victoria Park, Archery Road, Leamington Spa, CV31 3PT for weeks 7 – 9 (from 29th November onwards).
The Inspector prepared the following Agendas for the resumed hearings.
- Matter 2 Agenda - Overall Provision for Housing (57kb, PDF)
- Matter 4 Agenda - Spatial Strategy (45kb, PDF)
- Matter 5 Agenda - Economy & Employment (52kb, PDF)
- Matter 6 Agenda - Sub Regional Employment Site (55kb, PDF)
- Matter 7a Agenda - Warwick Whitnash & Leamington - Urban Brownfield (49kb, PDF)
- Matter 7a Agenda Tues 11 Oct (50kb, PDF)
- Matter 7a Agenda Thurs 13 Oct (51kb, PDF)
- Matter 7b Agenda Tues 18 Oct (46kb, PDF)
- Matter 7b Agenda Weds 19 Oct (49kb, PDF)
- Matter 7c (site H43) Mon 7 Nov (38kb, PDF)
- Matter 7c (sites H42 and S1) Tues 8 Nov (50kb, PDF)
- Matter 7c (site H08 and Direction of Growth) Weds 9 Nov (47kb, PDF)
- Matter 7d Agenda Thurs 10 Nov (59kb, PDF)
- Matter 7d Agenda Tues 15 Nov (57kb, PDF)
- Matter 7d Agenda Wed 16 Nov (53kb, PDF)
- Matter 7d Agenda Thur 17 Nov (67kb, PDF)
- Agenda Matter 8 - Other proposed site allocations (53kb, PDF)
- Agenda Matter 9 - Retail and Town Centres (53kb, PDF)
- Agenda Matter 10 - Culture, Leisure and Tourism (47kb, PDF)
- Agenda Matter 11 - University of Warwick and major sites in the Green Belt (46kb, PDF)
- Agenda Matter 13 - Other policies (52kb, PDF)
- Agenda Matter 14 - Transport (46kb, PDF)
- Agenda Matter 15 - Infrastructure, delivery and monitoring (45kb, PDF)
Written Statements - Initial Hearings
In response to the Inspectors Matters and Issues for discussion at the initial Hearings the following written submissions were received:
- Matter 1 Statements – The Duty to Co-operate
- Matter 2 Statements – Overall Provision for Housing
- Matter 3 Statements – The Supply and Delivery of Housing Land
Written Statements - Resumed Hearings
In response to the Inspector's Matters and Issues for discussion at the resumed Hearings the following written submissions were received.
- Matter 2 Written Statements - Overall Provision for Housing
- Matter 3 Written Statements - Supply and Delivery of Housing Land
- Matter 4 Written Statements - Spatial Strategy
- Matter 5 Written Statement - Economy and Employment
- Matter 6 Written Statement - Sub Regional Employment Site
- Matter 7A Written Statement - Warwick, Whitnash and Leamington Sites
- Matter 7B Written Statements - Kenilworth Sites
- Matter 7C Written Statement - Edge of Coventry Sites
- Matter 7D Written Statement - Growth Villages and Hockley Heath
- Matter 8 Written Statements - Other Proposed Site Allocations
- Matter 9 Written Statements - Retail & Town Centres
- Matter 10 Written Statements - Culture Leisure & Tourism
- Matter 11 Written Statements - University of Warwick & Major GB Sites
- Matter 12 Written Statements - Housing Policies
- Matter 13 Written Statements - Other Policies
- Matter 14 Written Statements - Transport
- Matter 15 Written Statements - Infrastructure Delivery & Monitoring
Local Plan Examination suspension and letters
- The Local Plan was submitted on 30th January 2015 for examination.
- The Inspector wrote to the council following its request for suspension of the Local Plan and the council's report outlining the way forward for the Local Plan (item 11) was approved by the council on 12th August 2015.
- The council wrote to the Inspector requesting a suspension of the Examination. This followed the council's approval of a report recommending the way forward for the Local Plan on 13th October 2015.
- The Inspector agreed to suspend the Local Plan Examination until May 2016 dependent on satisfactory progress being made to address the Inspector’s concerns following the initial hearings in May 2015.