Mutual exchange

A mutual exchange is when both parties wish to apply to swap/exchange properties they presently occupy.

If you wish to move from your present accommodation by means of a mutual exchange, you need to apply to the council by completing an application for consent to mutual exchange (27kb, PDF). This form should be completed once you have found a tenant to exchange properties with.

Finding someone to exchange with 

There are several ways in which you may find someone wishing to mutually exchange. Properties available to exchange are listed on Homeswapper and it is free to register. You may advertise your accommodation in local shops/newspapers, or you may know someone with whom you would like to swap. 

Permission must be given by us before any exchange takes place.

Contact us 

For further information or help contact the Housing Officers:

Contact us about your council house

Or by phoning 01926 456129.