Many tenants believe that landlords automatically insure their furniture and personal belongings against theft, fire or vandalism and burst pipes. This is not the case. Unfortunately, many people only realize this after the damage has been done.
We have joined with simple Household contents insurance scheme. This offers all our tenants and leaseholders the opportunity to insure the contents of their homes in an easy and affordable way.
This insurance will cover most of your household goods and contents whilst in your home. The insurance also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability and also your decorations which you may be responsible for under your tenancy agreement.
- Weekly payment with your rent - the cost of insurance is payable weekly when you pay your rent.
- Sums insured are as little as £4,000 for tenants
- There's no excess to pay and your premiums won't go up after a claim.
- Insured risks - your contents are covered for loss or damage caused by specific events and perils including fire, theft, vandalism and water damage.
- ‘New for Old' - the policy insures your contents on a ‘new for old' basis (with the exception of linen and clothing), meaning that they would be replaced as new if destroyed by an event covered by the policy. It is important not to undervalue your contents otherwise the insurer will not pay the full value of your claim.
- Comprehensive cover - most of your household goods are insured when in your home. Also covered are loss of keys, freezer contents and broken windows.
- Accidental damage is included as standard and there's an option to add extended accidental damage cover, personal possessions away from the home, outbuilding structures, hearing aid and wheelchair cover.
How to apply
You can read the insurance policy details and download an application from below. Completed application forms must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Business Administration Team on 01926 456408.
Insurance payments can be made with a plastic insurance payment card at any Post Office, or by setting up a Standing Order with your bank. Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually.