Let’s protect what makes your house a home. Landlords do not automatically insure your furniture and belongings against theft, fire, or vandalism and burst pipes. Unfortunately, many people only realize this after the damage has been done.
We have teamed up with Royal & Sun Alliance insurance company to provide low-cost contents insurance specifically for Warwick District Council residents.
You have a home full of things that you need and love – clothes, TV, kitchen appliances, keepsakes, furniture, and gadgets. Surely, if stuff’s worth owning, then it’s worth protecting.
As your landlord, we insure the building and anything we provide, but we don’t cover your home’s contents and belongings. Ask yourself, would you need help with the cost of putting things right after a kitchen fire, a washing machine flood, or a break in? It could get pretty pricey. But don’t worry – tenants contents insurance financially protects your home’s contents.
Prices start from as little as 50p per week, £1.45 per month, or £17.61 a year** for contents insurance.
**Prices shown are for £4,000 of contents insurance cover, based on postcode area and include a transaction fee. They exclude accidental damage and optional covers. The price you pay will depend on your individual circumstances, postcode, and cover chosen. RSA price data June 2023.
What you need to know about RSA’s tenants contents insurance
- Tenants contents insurance financially protects the contents in your home, garage, and shed.
- You can pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or annually – whatever suits you best.
- No nasty surprises - no excess on claims and no fees for changing your details or cancelling your policy.
- You can upgrade your cover to protect your home’s contents against accidental damage.
- You have the option to protect your belongings whilst away from your home, and if you have them, you can also cover your bicycles, hearing aids, and wheelchair/ mobility scooter(s) whilst away from your home.
Ready to find out more?
If tenants contents insurance sounds like a good idea, you can find out more and apply today.
- Apply online
- Call 0345 671 8172 if you have any questions or would like to apply by phone.
- Download Application PDF Form
- Automatic renewal opt IN/OUT
- Download RSA key information sheet
Submitting a claim
We know that submitting a claim for home contents insurance can be very stressful.
To help the process, you can now access an online claims portal provided by the insurer. You can use the portal to submit a claim and track its process – all in one place.