Waste collection updates and office opening times during the Christmas period.
From Monday 26 December 2022, your collections will be a day later than scheduled. Collections will take place as normal on Monday 2 January 2023.
Green bin collections will be suspended for two weeks from Monday 26 December 2022 to Friday 6 January 2023, to allow our crews to prioritise the additional recycling and food waste that accrues over Christmas. Green bin collections will resume from Monday 9 January 2023.
- Check your collection day
- Christmas recycling and rubbish collections
- Waste and recycling service disruption
Recycling centres (Warwickshire County Council)
Warwickshire Recycling Centres are open for pre-booked visits over the festive period.
Council offices and phones
Our offices at Riverside House will be closed from Monday 26 December to Monday 2 January (inclusive) for phone calls and face to face appointments.
Cost of living support
With spiralling energy bills, food, and transport costs, we know that many households in our district will be struggling. See how you can get support:
- Cost of living support
- Christmas provision in Warwick district - organisations that are offering support during the Christmas period
- Food support in Warwick district - find food support in the district
We have put together a list of warm hubs in the district to help with the cold weather this winter:
- Kenilworth warm hubs
- Royal Leamington Spa warm hubs
- Rural district warm hubs
- Warwick Town warm hubs
- Whitnash warm hubs
Emergency out of hours contacts
- Council housing repairs: 01926 456129
- Lifeline: 0300 303 5573
- Homelessness: 0300 303 5573
- Car Parks: 01926 314009 / 456128
- Building Control: 0300 303 5573
Visit the Everyone Active website for details of leisure centre opening times over the holiday period:
- Abbey Fields Swimming Pool - Closed due to refurbishment
- Castle Farm Recreation Centre - Closed due to refurbishment
- Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre
- St Nicholas Park Leisure Centre
- Meadows Community Sports Centre
- John Atkinson (Myton) Sports Centre
The Royal Pump Rooms
- See the Leamington Spa Art Gallery and Museum opening times
- See the Leamington Library page for library availability
The Spa Centre
- Visit the Royal Spa Centre website to see what's on over the Christmas period.
Leamington Town Hall
Other local services
Working for a healthy community. 98-100 Shrubland Street, Leamington Spa, CV31 3BD. Telephone: 01926 422123. Email: frontdesk@BHLC.Services
Chase Meadow Community Centre is a fantastic purpose-built facility that is a central hub for residents from Warwick and beyond.
10 Hamilton Terrace, Leamington Spa, CV32 4LY and 25 Meer Street Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6QB. Telephone 0300 330 1183.
The Family Information Service (FIS) helpline (01926 742274) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIS provide information, advice and one-to-one support for families with children and young people aged 0 to 25 across Warwickshire on issues including family relationships, finance, housing, parenting support, special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), childcare and health and wellbeing.
Helping Hands community project. The Lighthouse, 12a Gloucester Street, Leamington Spa CV31 1EE Telephone: 01926 743486. Email: email@example.com
The Leamington Night Shelter is currently closed.
For homeless and vulnerably housed people. Priors Club, Tower Street, Leamington Spa CV31 2DR. Telephone: 07590 053 548.
Affordable counselling services. Telephone: 07799 015650
1A Chapel St, Leamington Spa CV31 1EJ. Telephone: 01926 883613. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Margarets Centre, Whitnash, Leamington Spa.
Cottage Square, Sydenham, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 1PT. Telephone: 01926 422071.
Warwick District foodbank, working to tackle food poverty and hunger.
helps our most vulnerable residents at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help.
CRESS, which is provided by Carers Trust Heart of England and funded by Warwickshire County Council, is a free service that gives carers a chance to take a break from their caring responsibilities and offers peace of mind that the person they care for will be looked after if they aren’t able to, such as attending hospital or GP appointments, or a significant event.
CRESS Service please email email@example.com or call 02476 258816 (Out of hours: 07979 503 133).