Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Plan
The Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan (RLSNDP) was 'made' (adopted) by Warwick District Council on 12 May 2021. This followed a referendum on 06 May 2021, in which 88.3% of the votes cast were in favour of the neighbourhood plan. The Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan will now be used in the consideration and determination of planning applications in Leamington Spa. In November 2021, a small number of minor amendments were approved by Warwick District Council's Cabinet, following a request from Leamington Town Council. These minor amendments relate to changes in the Use Class Order since the neighbourhood plan was examined. Details of the amendments are set out in the report to Cabinet, and an amended version of the plan is available below.
- Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Develeopment Plan (as amended November 2021)
The made version of the plan, and the adoption statement are available below:
- Adoption Statement (12 May 2021)
- Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan - June 2020
- Policies Map - June 2020
The Examination of the Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Plan (RLSNDP) is now complete. The Examination Report was received 30 March 2020. The report recommends a number of modifications to the Submission Version of the Neighbourhood Plan, and concludes that subject to the modifications being made, the neighbourhood plan may proceed to referendum. Warwick District Council has taken the decision to accept all of the recommendations within the Examiner's report, and the decision statement to this effect is available below.
- Decision Statement (Regulation 18)
- Examination Report (30 March 2020)
The Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Plan will now be amended by the Qualifying Body in line with the report, and the amended final plan will proceed to referendum at the earliest opportunity.
Andrew Matheson was the Independent Examiner of the Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan (RLSNDP). Correspondence from the independent examination is available below:
- EXAM 1 - Examiner's opening enquiries (26 Feb 2020)
- EXAM 2 - LPA response to opening enquiries (06 March 2020)
- EXAM 2a - Map attachment to LPA response (06 March 2020)
- EXAM 3 - Qualifying Body's response to opening enquiries (11 March 2020)
Royal Leamington Spa Town Council, as the Qualifying Body, has formally submitted the Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan (RLSNDP) to Warwick District Council as the Local Planning Authority. The submission RLSNDP was subject to a period of public consultation in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations between 06 January 2020 and 17 February 2020.
- Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Development Plan - Submission Version
- RLSNDP - Policies Map
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Responses received in respect of the Regulation 16 consultation (online link). Alternatively a summary PDF.
Copies of all representations received have been forwarded to the appointed independent examiner.
Pre-submission (Regulation 14) consultation
Leamington Spa Town Council ran a public consultation on the pre-submission draft of the Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Plan, in accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations. The consultation ran between 17 June 2019 and 12 August 2019.
A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Opinion has been prepared in respect of the 'preferred options' draft Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Plan. The screening opinion is available below along with the responses of the statutory bodies. It is concluded that no SEA is required.
- SEA Screening Report
- Historic England consultation response to the screening report
- Natural England response to the screening report
- Environment Agency response to the screening report
Neighbourhood Area designation
The Royal Leamington Spa Neighbourhood Plan Area was designated on 14 September 2016. Royal Leamington Spa Town Council was the relevant body that applied for the designation.