The LABC Partner Authority Scheme is shared by all local authority building control teams in England and Wales. All types of organisations ranging from large corporate clients to small and medium enterprises have opted to join the scheme. The main benefit is being allocated a dedicated building control surveyor regardless of the project’s geographical location.
Bloor Homes was founded by John Bloor in 1969. Today, Bloor Homes is one of the largest privately owned house building groups in the UK. Warwick Building Control has been working with Bloor Homes since 2010 and has built a strong relationship providing an honest, quality driven Building Control Service.
The partnership enables Warwick Building Control to work with Bloor Homes from the initial concept of a project. Pre-applications meetings are often held, even prior to Planning Applications to ensure the site layout design meets the requirements. These meetings are held either at Warwick District Council or the offices of Bloor Homes.
Once the Building Regulation application has been received Warwick Building Control undertake the full plans appraisal within 5 working days. Bloor Homes may contact the surveyor by phone, via email or request an office/site meeting to address any issues raised or ask for technical advice. Submissions can be fully electronic, saving time and costs. In some circumstances and where travel permits, that same surveyor can even undertake the site inspection work.
Warwick Building Control and Bloor Homes currently have five Sites that are under construction. These consist of: Land North of Common Lane, Kenilworth Land off of Oakley Wood Road, Bishops Tachbrook Land North of Withycombe Farm, West of Edinburgh Way, Drayton, Banbury Land off of Jacksons Meadow, Bidford on Avon Cheltenham Road, Eversham
In partnering with us Bloor Homes have benefitted from:
- A single point of contact for all their building control work
- Competitive cost neutral pricing on high volumes of repeat work or major developments
- Site inspections from a local professional team with invaluable local contacts and knowledge
- Simplified fees and invoicing arrangements
- Electronic submissions and e-working
- The use of LABC Partner logo on all of their marketing materials
- Easy access to the planning department, the highways engineers and local fire service
- In-depth expertise on structure, fire, acoustics, warranties, access, contamination, energy and sustainability from LABC specialists.
Warwick Building Control, know how important it is to get it right first time. We will always consider alternative approaches to design. Allowing for flexibility, where practical, to demonstrate compliance with the Building Regulations.