Dogs are welcome in Warwick District Council's parks. Please be a responsible and considerate dog owner. Keep your dog under proper control, don't allow it to cause a nuisance to other visitors, and clean up after it.
There are a number of Dog Control Orders in force across the district that affect our parks. The main provisions of these are:
- You must clear up your dog's mess. Bins are provided in many parks and waste wrapped in a plastic bag can be put in an ordinary litter bin. If there are no bins, take it home with you. It is not acceptable to put your dog's poo in a plastic bag and then leave it behind without putting it in a bin
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times. Anyone authorised by the council has the power to require the dog be put on a lead if it is not under control
- Dogs are not allowed into children's play areas or paddling pool areas
- Dogs are not allowed on bowling greens, tennis courts, multi-use game areas or putting greens where dog exclusion signs are displayed
- Dogs must be kept on a lead when visiting Jephson Gardens or any cemetery
In order to avoid disturbing wildlife, we also ask that dogs are kept on a lead when visiting any of our nature reserves.
Keep an eye open for signs telling you which provisions apply at the park or open space you are visiting.