Organising an Event
Warwick District Council will not consider hosting any events on council land until the end of the national lockdown. Any events planned for later in the year will be held under strict adherence to the latest government advice and COVID-19 guidelines.
For advice on planning your event or activity in Warwick, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth or Whitnash, contact Warwick District Council's Business Support and Events Team:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Support & Events Officer, Gary Rudd - 01926 456018
- Business Support & Events Officer, Charlotte Sully - 01926 456222
- Business Support & Events Officer, Louise Sheepy - 01926 456619
- Business Support & Events Team Manager, Marcus Ferguson - 01926 456012
Organising an event
If you are interested in hosting an event within any of Warwick District's town centre's, parks and open spaces then please get in touch with the team. Please note that confirmation will be needed from one of our Officers, before your event can go ahead.
What Event Organisers will need before an event is confirmed
Our requirements for booking an event usually vary depending on the scale. For a typical event we will usually request organisers to supply us with the following:
- A completed Event Application form
- Public Liability Insurance (Minimum cover £5 million)
- Risk Assessments for all aspects of your event
Filming and drones
There will be a charge administered to Event Organisers for holding events within the district on Council land. The scale of fees and charges applied are based on the size of event, event location and type of event e.g. community/charity/commercial.
If your event sits within one of our parks & open spaces we may also request a deposit to cover the cost of any damage to the grounds. All deposits and charges will be discussed with organisers before the event is confirmed.
|Event Classification||Fee Per Day||Bond|
|Small / Local Commercial Events||£230||£500|
|Large / National Commercial Events||By Negotiation||Dependant on size|
|Funfairs & Circuses||£2,130 up to 7 days||£1,000|
£500 Full Day £250 Half Day
Kenilworth, Leamington and Warwick town centres are all conservation areas, and so are protected in a number of ways. Banners promoting events in these areas are not normally permitted.
We will list all our events on our What’s on page. You can add event details of your Warwickshire based event to a local events calendar. This is free of charge and your event will be listed on the Warwickshire County Council site.
Unauthorised advertising: Flyposting on public or private property is illegal. It is therefore an offence to do so and can result in a fine of up to £1,000.
Some shops may take posters for display in their windows. You will need to approach each shop individually to ask their permission.
There are several locations where Warwick District Council have public notice boards. A4 size posters are preferable due to the demand for space. You will need to visit each location with your poster and ask for it to be displayed.
- Jephson Gardens – contact the Community Ranger on 01926 456754 or make an online enquiry
- Riverside House, Milverton Hill
- Town Hall, Parade (A-Boards in the entrance to display event information)
- Visitor Information Centre, Pump Rooms (they can also display flyers or leaflets)
- Tourist Information Centre, The Court House, Jury Street
- Warwick Library, Barrack Street
Handing out leaflets / promotional material
This activity is not licensable, so it does not need a licence or permission to be granted from Warwick District Council, Warwickshire County Council or Warwickshire Police. However, we request you follow the guidance set out below:
- You need to ensure that your promotional material does not cause a littering problem. Doing so could result in you being reported for littering, which could result in prosecution and a fine. You must remove any discarded items before leaving each area.
- You must not put leaflets or printed material under windscreens. It is an offence to interfere with a vehicle. It is also technically littering, for which Warwick District Council could report you. Unscrupulous car owners may also claim that you have damaged their vehicle.
- You must not obstruct the highway by using a stand, table or “A” board.
- You must be mindful not to harass members of the public, when distributing your leaflets or promotional material.
The following areas are privately owned. In order to hand out material in these areas, you must gain permission from the relevant individuals.
Talisman Square - 0161 828 5777 (managed by Workman)
Royal Priors Shopping Centre – 01926 450 150
Regent Court Shopping – 01926 832 409
Please note that it is not permitted to hand out promotional material in the following areas of Leamington:
- Regent Square (the area set back from the Parade where the flower-seller and potato-man are sited). You will need to keep to the area in front of this – on the main pavement area.
- Outside the Town Hall.
- Inside the Pump Rooms, Parade.
Safety Advisory Group (SAG)
Some events may require the involvement of the SAG depending on the event and areas of significant risk. Find out about the Safety Advisory Group.