Discounts, exemptions and benefits

  • The council tax bill is reduced if only one adult lives in a dwelling.
  • If you are in receipt of a benefit or on a low income you may be entitled to council tax reduction.
  • If you are of pension age you may also get help if you share your home with another adult, or adults, who are on a low income. This is called second adult rebate.
  • Since April 2014 a 50% discount is applicable for people living in annexes provided they are related to the person liable to pay council tax for the main property. 

Application forms