Disruption at Riverside House

Following an incident at Riverside House yesterday (13/12) we are pleased to announce that we are open as usual today. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers.

Full district council elections are held in all wards every four years in May. To be a candidate for an election you must be aged 18 or over. In addition you must also be either on the electoral register, and/or have lived, worked or owned property in the area for at least the past 12 months.

You may be disqualified as a candidate if you work for the council or hold a politically restricted post with another local authority. Bankruptcy or a previous criminal conviction with a three-month or more prison sentence would also disqualify you as a candidate.

To find out information on how to stand as a candidate at an election, visit the Electoral Commission website.

We have produced guidance on the role of a councillor. Visit the role of a councillor page.