Example of a byelaw signResponsibility for all directional signs and fingerposts is shared between Warwick District Council, Warwickshire County Council and parish/town councils. 

The following lists show the types of signs and who is responsible for each item.

Warwick District Council

  • Street name plates
  • Tourist fingerpost signs
  • Byelaw signs
  • Alcohol Free Zone signs
  • CCTV signs
  • District boundary signs, e.g. "Welcome to Warwick District"

Please visit our Street signs page to find out how to report a problem with a street sign maintained by Warwick District Council.

Warwickshire County Council

  • Some fingerpost signs
  • Highway signs
  • County boundary signs, e.g. "Welcome to Warwickshire" 

For all signage that the county council deals with, please contact 01926 410 410 or go to the Warwickshire County Council Road signs page.

Parish and town councils

  • Parish/town signs

To find out more information on these street signs or how to report a problem, please direct all enquiries to the relevant parish or town council.