Regulation 19 Consultation
A Regulation 19 consultation on the Net Zero Carbon Development Plan Document (DPD) commenced on 27 April 2022 and ran until 8 June 2022.
This policy document forms part of the Council’s ambitious Climate Emergency Action Plan which aims to ensure that new buildings do not continue to impact on climate change.
The draft DPD addresses climate change and sustainable construction in more detail than policies contained in the current Warwick District Local Plan 2011-2029 and if adopted will impose standards on developments to meet this council’s target of net zero carbon or as close as possible, by 2030 and the government target of meeting net zero carbon nationally by 2050.
In terms of delivering sustainable new buildings, carbon emissions are considered to be the most urgent aspect to address, particularly in light of the climate emergency. By ensuring new buildings are net zero in operation (or capable of being so without future retrofitting), the draft DPD seeks to prevent the scale of the future challenge of retrofitting from growing.
This consultation was concerned with the legal compliance and soundness of the draft DPD, and followed on from the Regulation 18 consultation that took place between July 2021 and September 2021.
- View the Regulation 19 consultation document and representations online - alternatively a PDF version is available
- Viability Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) incorporating Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA) & Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Report
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) incorporating Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA) & Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA): Non-Technical Summary
- Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
- Regulation 18 Consultation Report
- Energy & Sustainability Policy Review
Regulation 18 Consultation
A Regulation 18 consultation on the Net Zero Carbon Development Plan Document (DPD) commenced on 26 July 2021 and ran until 13 September 2021.
This consultation was the first stage in the preparation of this DPD and was seeking views on the content of the DPD.
- View the Regulation 18 consultation document and representations online - alternatively a PDF version is available
- Climate Change Viability Assessment Report
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary
- Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Appraisal / Habitats Regulation Assessment (SA/SEA/HRA)
- SA/SEA/HRA Screening Response - Natural England
- SA/SEA/HRA Screening Response - Historic England