Regulation 18 consultation
A Regulation 18 consultation on the Net Zero Carbon Development Plan Document (DPD) commenced on 26th July 2021 and will run for 7 weeks until 13th September 2021. The policy document forms part of the Council’s ambitious Climate Emergency Action Plan which aims to ensure that new buildings do not continue to impact on climate change.
The draft DPD addresses climate change and sustainable construction in more detail than policies contained in the current Warwick District Local Plan 2011-2029 and if adopted will impose standards on developments to meet this council’s target of net zero carbon or as close as possible, by 2030 and the government target of meeting net zero carbon nationally by 2050.
In terms of delivering sustainable new buildings, carbon emissions are considered to be the most urgent aspect to address, particularly in light of the climate emergency. By ensuring new buildings are net zero in operation (or capable of being so without future retrofitting), the draft DPD seeks to prevent the scale of the future challenge of retrofitting from growing. This consultation is the first stage in the preparation of this DPD and is seeking views on the content of the DPD.
- Draft Net Zero Carbon Development Plan Document (online version) - alternatively a PDF version is available
- Climate Change Viability Assessment Report
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary
- Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Appraisal / Habitats Regulation Assessment (SA/SEA/HRA)
- SA/SEA/HRA Screening Response - Natural England
- SA/SEA/HRA Screening Response - Historic England
How to comment
Comments are now invited on the draft Net Zero Carbon DPD. Responses must be received by 5pm on Monday 13th September 2021, and may be submitted in the following ways: