Warwick Net Zero Carbon DPD Examination
Planning Inspector; Mr Andrew McCormack B.Sc (Hons) MRTPI - has been appointed to undertake an independent examination into the soundness and legal compliance of Warwick District Council’s Net Zero Carbon Development Plan Document (the Plan).
The Inspector’s task will be to consider the soundness and legal compliance of the submitted Plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 35 of the National Planning Policy Framework 2019 (the Framework) and associated regulations, namely the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, the Localism Act 2011 and the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
The Inspector will take into account the representations submitted upon the Regulation 19 Draft Plan as far as they relate to soundness considerations. Informal debates will take place on the principal matters identified by the Inspector these are termed Hearing Sessions.
At the end of the Examination, the Inspector will prepare a report to the Council with precise recommendations, these recommendations may include modifications to the Plan, if such a request is made by the Council.
Guidance Notes will be prepared by the Inspector to help people understand the process and will be available here in due course. Procedural Guidance for Local Plans has also been produced by the Planning Inspectorate.
Any queries people may have regarding the Examination process should be directed to the Programme Officer who will be happy to assist.
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer, Ian Kemp, will act as the contact for any person who has an interest in the Examination and as a liaison between the Inspector, Council and Representors.
He is an independent Officer of the Examination and works on behalf of the Inspector to organise and manage the administrative and procedural elements of the Examination process.
Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted via the Programme Officer.
PO Box 241
Mobile: 0772 300 9166
Mr Kemp will be contacting all Representors with details of the Examination process in due course.
Hearing sessions and format
Information regarding the format and scope of the Hearing Sessions will appear here once finalised.
Evidence base documents
In preparing the Plan, the Council both refer to and were informed by a number of documents that together form the 'Evidence Base' for the Examination. These documents can all be found here, or individually below:
- SUB1 - Net Zero Carbon DPD Submission Version
- SUB2 - Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Non-Technical Summary
- SUB3 - Sustainability Appraisal (SA) incorporating SEA, EqIA & HRA
- SUB4 - Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
- SUB5 - Energy & Sustainability Policy Review
- SUB6 - Viability Assessment
- SUB7 - Net Zero Carbon DPD Reg.22 Consultation Statement
- SUB8 - Appendix 1 Reg 22 Consultation Statement - Reg 18 Consultation Report
- SUB9 - Appendix 2 Reg 22 Consultation Statement - Summary of Consultation Methods
- SUB10 - Appendix 3 Reg 22 Consultation Statement - Table of Full Representations
- SUB11 - Appendix 4 Reg 22 Consultation Statement - Schedule of Proposed Minor Changes
- SUB12 - Representations under Reg 20 (in response to Consultation at Reg 19)
- SUB13 - Submission Cover Letter
- SD1 - Warwick District Local Plan 2011-2029
- SD2 - Local Development Scheme 2021-22
- SD3 - Statement of Community Involvement
- SD4 - Climate Emergency Shared Ambitions Stratford-on-Avon DC & Warwick DC
- SD5 - Warwick Climate Change Action Programme Ambition 2 - Low Carbon South Warwickshire 2030
- SD6 - Warwick District People's Inquiry into Climate Change - Warwick Distrcit Council Responses to the People's Inquiry Recommendations
- SD7 - Warwick & Stratford-on-Avon District Councils - South Warwickshire Climate Action Support, Anthesis, June 2021
- SD8 - Regulation 18 Net Zero Carbon Development Plan Consultation Document, July 2021
- SD9 - Regulation 18 Climate Change Viabilitiy Assessment Report, June 2021
- SD10 - Regulation 18 Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary
- SD11 - Regulation 18 Sustainability Appraisal, Strategic Environmental Appraisal, Habitats Regulation Assessment (SA.SEA.HRA)
- SD12 - SA.SEA.HRA Screening Response - Natural England
- SD13 - SA.SEA.HRA Screening Response - Historic England
Regulation 19 Consultation Representations
Representations received during the Regulation 19 consultation can be viewed here. Please note that there are further representations embedded within the document, in addition to those listed ‘By organisation’ (to view these click ‘Back to document’). Document SUB10 also provides an Excel spreadsheet of representations received.