Homelessness directory

Other housing options and support available to those who are homeless or facing homelessness. Please see our homelessness directory for further information:


Contact Street-Link if you find someone who is homeless or sleeping rough.

Duty to refer

It is the duty of specified public bodies in England to refer consenting people they believe to be homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days. More details and how to make a referral.

Severe weather advice - rough sleepers

We have arrangements to provide accommodation for people who are sleeping rough in severe weather conditions, subject to certain criteria being met and availability. These arrangements are triggered when the night time temperature is predicted to be zero degrees or below. 

Housing options for older people

Sheltered housing is available to adults over the age of 60 and in some schemes in Warwickshire age 55 plus. Some sheltered schemes have a range of on-site facilities such as communal lounges and regular events and activities:

Other housing options, shared ownership and housing associations

Housing association

Housing Association are independent, non-profit-making organisations, which provide homes for people to rent, buy or both.

Right to buy

If you would like to buy your Council or Housing Association home - you may be entitled to purchase the property at a discount through the Right to Buy scheme.

Money and benefits

Find out more about help with paying your rent. If you do not have access to the internet at home, you may wish to go to your local library and use the internet facilities available there.