Please see the anti-social behaviour page for issues and contact details related to anti-social behaviour.
The Safer Communities aim is protecting our communities from harm with emphasis on the prevention of incidents, whilst focusing on the most vulnerable to make them feel safer
We have a duty to:
- Work in partnership with the Police, County Council, Police Authority, Fire & Rescue Service, Probation Trust and National Health Service to develop and implement strategies to tackle crime and disorder and the misuse of drugs in the district
- Ensure that it does not contribute to increased crime and anti-social behaviour through the delivery of its services.
Our Community Safety Team helps to coordinate this work to tackle crime and disorder in the District.
- Adopting a preventative culture in our service design and delivery
- Delivering quality services and utilising all the powers available to us to make communities feel safer (such as licensing, CCTV and parking enforcement)
- Consulting and involving the community in identifying crime and disorder problems and solutions.
- Coordinating actions to address the concerns of local people
- Ensuring that the concerns of Community Forums inform the picture of crime and disorder in the district, South Warwickshire & Warwickshire.
- Working with Stratford-on-Avon District Council to jointly lead on tackling anti-social behaviour
- Working together with Stratford-on-Avon District Council to drive and administer Safer South Warwickshire - Community Safety Partnership
- Challenging the responsible authorities and cooperative bodies to do all they can to reduce crime and disorder and the fear of crime.
Levels of crime and disorder in Warwick district
Tackling anti-social behaviour is the Warwick District Council Community Safety priority and together with Stratford-on-Avon District Council take the lead in tackling this priority in South Warwickshire.
Warwickshire Police and safer neighbourhoods
There are eight Safer Neighbourhood Areas in Warwick district based on district council wards:
- Kenilworth: Kenilworth and Burton Green
- North Leamington: Clarendon, Crown, Manor and Milverton
- South Leamington: Brunswick and Willes
- Warwick Rural West: Barford, Beausale, Baddesley Clinton, Bishops Tachbrook, Budbrooke, Chadwick End, Hampton on the Hill, Hampton Magna, Haseley, Hatton, Hatton Park, Haseley Knob, Hill Wootton, Honiley, Norton Lindsey, Lapworth, Leek Wootton, Little Shrewley, Lowsonford, Pinley Green, Sherbourne, Shrewley Common, Shrewley, Rowington, Wasperton & Wroxall
- Warwick Rural East: Baginton, Bubbenhall, Cubbington, Eathorpe, Hunningham, Offchurch, Radford Semele & Stoneleigh.
- The Leamington Town Safer Neighbourhoods Area is unique in that it is based on the borders of the licensing saturation zones.
Our community wardens provide a high visibility presence across the district, with a focus on hotspot areas for anti-social behaviour (ASB).
We are committed to ensuring our communities are safe places to be. If you feel unsafe, vulnerable or in an uncomfortable situation, our safe space is there for you.