St Nicholas Park
Great for a family day out
Opening hours: All day, every day
Postcode: CV34 4QY - Location map
Parking: St Nicholas Park or Myton Fields car parks. Both car parks are pay and display. Myton Fields is open summer only.
There is lots to see and do in the park and nearby for the whole family.
What to see and do:
- Play area
- Paddling pool – shallow, treated water. Open summer only
- Funfair - roundabouts, games and bouncy castles for children up to 12 years old
- Golf – 18-green adventure golf and 9-hole crazy golf
- Boating – hire rowing boats and motor boats from the boat house by Castle Bridge
- Cafe – popular and open all year round
- Skate park and BMX track
- Flowers – colourful formal flowerbeds, sustainable planting and unusual trees
- River – stroll along the river and look at the swans
- Sport – 2 football pitches, 2 hard tennis courts and floodlit AstroTurf. To book phone 01926 495353
- St Nicholas Park Leisure Centre – Swimming, keep-fit, climbing wall and sports
- Loads of level grass for ball games, jogging, kite-flying etc.
PLEASE NOTE: the boating, café, golf and rides are not run by Warwick District Council. Please go to the St Nicholas Park website to find out when these attractions are open.
- Ranger Service
- Toilets, disabled toilets and baby change
- All paths are wheelchair and pushchair friendly
Originally a meadow, St Nicholas Park was laid out in the 1930s. Formal gardens and a Children’s Corner were created. After the Second World War, the ground to the east was laid out as playing fields. Later, the leisure centre replaced outdoor swimming pools in the park. The cottages near the main car park were once a watermill.
Friends of St Nicholas Park
The Friends of St Nicholas Park is a group of local people working to improve, conserve, support and protect St. Nicholas Park for the benefit of all. For more information, check out the Friends of St Nicholas Park website
- Bike – A cycle path runs from Emscote Road through St Nicholas Park to Myton Road. Bike racks outside the leisure centre
- Bus routes
- Rail – 10-minute walk from Warwick station to Emscote Road entrance
- Walk – pedestrian entrances on Banbury Road, Emscote Road and Pickard Street. From Myton Fields you can cross the river over Charter Bridge or Castle Bridge
- St John's House Museum – find out about life in Victorian times and visit Warwickshire Regimental Museum
- Kingfisher Pool – disabled adults and junior angling
- Smith Street – shops and restaurants
- Riverside Walk – walk along the rivers and canal to Leamington Spa
- Warwick Castle
- Town Centre – markets, County Museum, St Mary’s Church, antique shops, gardens
Park maintenance - contact us