Freedom of Information request
You must include the following details to make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act:
- Your full name and address
- The information you would like
- The method you like the response sent to you (i.e. letter or email)
We ask that you include a contact telephone number in case the council need to clarify your request.
Corporate Support Team
Warwick District Council
Royal Leamington Spa
Your request will normally be acknowledged within two working days of its receipt and in line with legislative requirements you should receive a full response within 20 working days.
While the council is committed to be as open as possible and supply the information you have requested, but we may withhold information if we consider the information falls within one of the exemptions or would involve significant staff time in locating and preparing the information for release. If we refuse to supply all or part of any other information you have asked for, we will write to you giving our reasons for refusal.
If you are dissatisfied with our response
If you are dissatisfied with the response, or haven’t received a response to a formal Freedom of Information request, then please follow the steps below. If this doesn’t relate to a formal request please follow the council’s complaint procedure.
1. First contact the council officer who dealt with your request and see if they can resolve your concerns.
2. If you are not satisfied with the reasons or the manner in which your request was dealt with you have the right to request that we carry out an internal review of the matter. You should ask for a review within 40 days of receiving our final response. All requests for an internal review should be made in writing to the address above and the matter will be dealt with under the council’s internal review procedure, as follows:
- The matter will be dealt with on behalf of the Democratic Services Manager & Deputy Monitoring Officer by a senior officer with appropriate knowledge and experience. Ordinarily this will be a member of the Legal Services team.
- The internal review procedure is a single stage review process which in most cases will be completed within no more than 20 working days from the date of the request.
- In some circumstances the review may take longer (e.g. if the matter is complex) however it should take no longer than 40 working days from the date of the request.
3. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the internal review, you may also appeal to the Information Commissioner if you feel we have not complied with our obligations. Your rights are explained on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Number of FOI requests
|Year||Number of requests|