Civil Parking Enforcement
Warwick District Council operates Civil Parking Enforcement established by Part 6 of the Traffic Management Act 2004. This legislation was introduced to ensure a fair and consistent process and provide motorists with an upfront and free way of challenging a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) if they believe it has been unfairly issued.
Off-Street Parking Place Orders
Warwick District Council Off-street parking operates under the Off-Street Parking Place Orders 2012 to enforce the regulations in place within the car parks.
- 3482: The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) Representations and Appeals Regulations 2007
- 3483: The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007
- 3484: The Removal and Disposal of Vehicles (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2007
- 3485: The Civil Enforcement Officers (Wearing of Uniforms) (England) Regulations 2007
- 3486: The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (Approved Devices) (England) Order 2007
- 3487: The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (Guidelines on Levels of Charges) (England) Order 2007 Guidance
Operational Guidance to Local Authorities
This sets out the policy framework within which the Government believes that all English local authorities, both inside and outside London, should be setting their parking policies and, if appropriate, enforcing those policies.
Annual parking reports
The Traffic Management Act (TMA) 2004 places a requirement on local authorities to produce an annual report about their enforcement activities and should cover the financial, statistical and other data.