Parking tickets/parking fines are known as Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs).
Please ensure you pay or challenge with the correct authority.
On street PCNs
Warwickshire County Council issues all on street Penalty Charge Notices. If the heading on your PCN looks like this go to the on street PCN page on the county council website. These PCNs all have a prefix of ZQ.
Car park PCNs
Warwick District Council issues Penalty Charge Notices for car parks only. If the heading on your PCN looks like this use the links below. These PCNs have a prefix of WQ.
If you have been issued a PCN in one of our car parks please do not ignore it. Upon receipt of a PCN, there are 2 options available – pay or challenge.
Charges and discount
The Penalty Charge Notice for a more serious contravention is £70. For a less serious contravention it is £50. Charges differ between activities that cause a low disruption to the flow of traffic and other motorists, and those that cause higher disruption.
Both can be paid at a 50% discount rate (£25/£35) within the first 14 days after the PCN has been served.
If payment is received after 14 days the full amount will become due.
When PCNs are issued
Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) will be issued to a vehicle parked within Warwick District Council car parks in Leamington Spa, Warwick and Kenilworth if
- A valid ticket, season ticket or permit is not clearly displayed
- Your ticket has expired
- Your vehicle is parked in a disabled/blue badge holder space without displaying a valid blue badge
- Your vehicle is not parked wholly within a marked bay
- Your vehicle is parked on double yellow lines, hatched lines or in a reserved space
- Your ticket has been purchased from another car park
- Any other contravention as specified in the Off-Street Parking Places Order