What rent details are required to claim housing benefit?

For private tenancies we require either:

A current signed tenancy agreement.
Your rent book.
Verification of Tenancy Form HB33 (PDF) completed by your landlord.

If you are renting a council property we do not require proof from yourself as we are able to obtain that information