What about my savings in terms of claiming council tax reduction/housing benefit?

You must provide proof of all savings and capital you hold:
  • Savings Bank, Building Society and Post office accounts.
  • National Savings Certificates.
  • Income Bonds.
  • Premium Bonds.
  • Shares.
  • Unit Trusts / PEPs / ISAs / TESSAs.
  • Land and Properties

More on proof of savings