I'm struggling to pay my rent and council tax, is there any more help available?

Awards of housing benefit and council tax reduction may not always cover the full rent or council tax you need to pay. So, if you receive housing benefit or council tax reduction, you are struggling to make ends meet and in need of temporary help - we may be able to provide extra money.

Discretionary Housing Payments are payments made in addition to the benefit award. Each case is considered on its own merit and will take into account the circumstances and, in particular, the effect the shortfall in benefit would have on the claimant and their family.

More on discretionary housing payments