My house is shaded by my neighbour’s tree. What can I do?

The first thing you should do is to talk to your neighbour. If you cannot reach an amicable agreement and the shade is cast by an evergreen hedge then the council may be able to help. Please see our page on high hedges for more information. If the problem does not come from an evergreen hedge then the council cannot get involved.

If the tree is a council managed tree, please see our pruning policies for details of the limited circumstances when we will prune for light loss.