Why use metal packaging?
Metal offers a highly flexible approach to material reuse and – through recycling – is a proven resource for a sustainable future. Over the last 20 years:
- Aluminium cans have become 28% lighter
- Steel food cans have become 33% lighter
- Steel made from 100% scrap uses 75% less energy than steel produced from virgin raw material
- Aluminium made from 100% scrap uses 95% less energy than aluminium produced from virgin raw material
- Continuous reduction of the weight of the cans is a main contributor to waste prevention