Tell us what you think about our site... Frequently asked questions - Warwick District Council
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Service updates for the public and businesses. Welcome back to the town centres from 15 June.

Coronavirus information and advice

Can I change the windows in my house?

If your property is in a conservation area with an Article 4 Direction, or is a listed building, you are likely to require consent to make any alterations to windows, but like-for-like repairs do not usually require any consent.

Historic windows should be retained and repaired wherever possible. If repair is beyond the skills of a good craftsperson, a like-for-like copy should be made.

The council has produced detailed advice about alterations to historic windows.

Use the self-assessment forms to quickly establish if your development proposal needs permission.