To support the development of Warwick District Council’s Biodiversity Action Programme, we recently held a "Warwick District Biodiversity Photography Competition", which provided an exciting opportunity to showcase the rich natural environment of Warwick District.
The competition ran for 5 weeks from Friday 29 September to Sunday 5 November 2023.
What happens next?
The competition has now closed. Our panel of judges, consisting of Councillors, officers and representatives from a partner organisation, have reviewed the entries and narrowed them down to the following:
- 5 finalists for the aged 17 and under category
- 10 finalists for the aged 18+ category
The number of finalists have been chosen based on the number of entries received per category.
The finalists images will be uploaded to our Facebook page at 12pm on 14 November 2023, where the public will have one week to 'react' to their favourite image in each category. The image will the most reactions per category will be the winner.
Winners from each age group will receive a £100 One4all gift voucher. The winning images will be featured on our website and social media channels allowing you to share your passion for photography with a wider audience.
All images submitted as part of the competition may be used in Warwick District Council’s Biodiversity Action Programme and other related plans to help illustrate the rich and diverse nature of the district.
- One entry per person
- Photographs must have been taken within Warwick District on the theme of biodiversity
- Photographs should be no more than 8MB
- Photographs must not have been taken any earlier than 1 January 2020
- Photographs must not contain identifiable people, unless consent is agreed and submitted with the application
- Photographs must be submitted without a watermark
- Competition Terms and Conditions
- More information on how the Council will use and process your personal data