The Royal Spa Centre is accredited with UK Theatre's See it Safely mark, so you can feel confident and safe knowing that the theatre is COVID-secure and will be following the latest government and performing arts guidance.
We understand that there is a lot of concern about the new Omicron variant of Covid 19.
However, the Royal Spa Centre remains open, the show continues and refunds will only be offered if:
- We (the Royal Spa Centre) have to cancel a performance
- We are instructed to close by the government
- You have a positive PCR test result. Please send your PCR result email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your Covid status. Photos of positive lateral flow tests will not be accepted.
In prioritising your safety and to protect our audiences and staff, there are multiple precautionary measures in place:-
- Wearing a face covering is now mandatory whilst inside the building. Masks can be removed briefly to allow eating and drinking.
- We continue to ask you to maintain a safe social distance where possible when queuing to take your seats and moving around the theatre.
- We are carrying out enhanced cleaning and regularly disinfecting surfaces. Our auditorium seating is disinfected before you take your seat.
- Some routes may have changed in order to minimise your contact with others, so our helpful staff will guide you. There are queuing systems at the entrance to the venue and our bars.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations when you enter and exit the theatre.
- We have screens installed at serving points to separate our staff and audiences.
- Our foyer furniture has been arranged so that you are socially distanced / screened from other audience members when seated. The majority of our seating is located in the Balcony Bar on the first floor.
- The cast and backstage crew are in a separate bubble to our front of house team. There is no contact between the bubbles.
- We are continually monitoring the quality of the air in our spaces. We keep doors and windows open as much as possible and our auditoriums are fed with a 100% fresh air supply through our air handling system. As an additional precautionary measure, several of our spaces have air filtration units installed with anti-viral grade filters to further reduce the possibility of airborne transmission.
Cancellations and Postponements
It is possible that performances may have to be cancelled in the future, either because of local / national restrictions on gatherings are reintroduced or due to the cast becoming ill. If a performance has to be cancelled due to Covid our box office team will contact you and you will be given the option to be refunded in full or transfer your tickets to the rescheduled date.
How will my ticket work?
If you purchased your ticket online you will have been sent a confirmation email with a link to download a pdf of your tickets. You can print these at home if you wish to, but you can also keep them digitally on your mobile phone to show our staff. Either way, please have your tickets ready for when you arrive at the venue as we will check them at the main entrance.
Will I need to wear a face covering?
In line with government guidance face coverings are now mandatory for all those over the age of 12. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering it would help our front of house staff and fellow audience members if you wear an exemption lanyard which can be downloaded here. Face coverings can be removed briefly to allow eating and drinking.
All of our staff who are able to will wear a face covering.
What should I bring?
Please keep your belongings to a minimum and with you at all times. We do not have a cloakroom. Wherever possible please avoid bringing pushchairs with you as we do not have a designated place to store these.
Will I be able to buy interval refreshments?
Yes, our bars are usually open an hour before the performance and during the interval. There is a one-way queuing system in place for the bars and box office. Payments are cashless. We recommend that you pre-order refreshments for the interval from the bar when you first arrive.
Do I have to check-in using NHS Test & Trace?
This is up to you. We are no longer legally required to collect your contact details, however doing so will help to support NHS Test and Trace to reduce the spread of the virus. You can check-in to our venue on the NHS Covid App using the NHS QR code poster which will be on display as you enter.
Will I need to have my temperature checked?
No, we will not take your temperature. (If you do have a high temperature, please do not attend). However, there is a queuing system to stagger entry to the venue. Please allow plenty of extra time. Use the hand sanitiser provided when you enter the building and wash your hands regularly.
The Main Auditorium can seat a maximum of 667 people, split over two levels - the Stalls and the Balcony. Please be aware that some seats in the Side Balcony may offer a restricted view of the stage - dependent upon the staging of the performance. If you have concerns over sightlines, please contact our Box Office team, who will be happy to advise you.
The seating of the Royal Spa Centre is very flexible and can allow for many different types of staging. The layout of the auditorium may change depending on the nature of the event.
The Studio / Cinema can seat up to 188 people and the seating is tiered, so the view is good from all seats.
Patrons who use a wheelchair should book their tickets directly through the box office, so we are able to offer you the best position available.
To purchase tickets for individual events please browse our What's On listings.
We accept proof of ticket purchase on mobile devices on arrival as well as printed tickets.
This page was last updated on Monday 20th December 2021
Tell a friend: