Future plans for sports and leisure facilities in Kenilworth
We are investing in the leisure facilities at Abbey Fields Swimming Pool and Castle Farm Recreation Centre.
In August 2019 the Council agreed the facilities that would be included in the new centres. And since this time we have been progressing the detailed designs for each site. View the Abbey Fields Swimming Pool and Castle Farm Recreation Centre proposals.
A public consultation was held from Monday 4 November 2019 to Monday 9 December 2019 to obtain feedback on the designs, with the aim to help the design team refine the proposals. We would like to thank everyone who took part. Results of the survey can be viewed below:
- View the feedback for the Abbey Fields Swimming Pool and Castle Farm Recreation Centre consultations.
- For Our Future consultation
The survey responses, comments received from the drop in sessions and feedback from a range of stakeholder groups have helped to shape the final design of the developments which the design team are currently putting together in readiness for a planning application. It is anticipated that a planning application will be submitted in the autumn of 2020.
Abbey Fields Swimming Pool
The Cultural Services Team in conjunction with the appointed design team, are currently working on a scheme to significantly remodel the existing facilities, making the most of the stunning parkland setting. These plans include;
- Additional family indoor pool, which opens up to sun terrace. The plans include scope for a moveable floor to alter the water depth and direct access via a hoist from a fully accessible changing room
- Attractive conservatory style café for park and pool visitors
- New, larger changing rooms with family friendly facilities and specialised accessible changing provision
- New, bright and fresh entrance area and reception with views over the park
Castle Farm Recreation Centre
At Castle Farm, our plans are equally ambitious with designs in progress for a brand new leisure centre with greatly expanded facilities for the whole community to enjoy. Our current scheme includes;
- We will be replacing the existing building with a brand new leisure centre offering the latest fitness facilities and equipment
- 80 station gym
- Two exercise studios for an exciting new range of group fitness classes, including spin bikes
- Six court sports hall
- Stylish changing facilities and lockers
- Light and bright reception area and foyer making the most of the parkland setting
- New outdoor changing rooms for customers using football pitches
- A new petanque terrain for our local enthusiasts
- Exciting ‘interactive’ room… we are looking at options to make this unique feature truly memorable
We are continuing to work with the Kenilworth Wardens as they progress their ideas to move and extend their facilities to the wider Castle Farm site.
In line with the District Council's commitment to tackling climate change, work is underway to look at the building designs to make the facilities as close to carbon neutral as possible.
Scouts and Guides
We are also working with the Kenilworth Scouts and Guides to design a suitable new facility at Castle Farm.
What happens next?
The Cultural Services Team is progressing the designs in conjunction with the design team and we are aiming to submit a planning application for both sites in autumn 2020.
How do I find out more?
As our project progresses we will keep you up to date with leaflets and via our website. If you have any questions or comments in the meantime please email firstname.lastname@example.org.