If you are a Warwick District Council tenant experiencing difficulties paying your rent, you may want to speak to our Financial Inclusion Officer on 01926 456454. This service is free of charge, and may be able to help you maximise your income and offer budgeting solutions. You can also contact Citizens’ Advice on 0300 330 1183 for an appointment.
You can check to see if any benefits or grants are available for you:
- If your income has reduced, you might be entitled to housing benefit.
- If you would like to see if you are entitled to any other benefits, please use this benefit calculator.
- You may be eligible for the Household Support Fund
Gov.uk provide information and advice about rent arrears.
Energy saving advice
Act on Energy are on hand to offer advice and guidance in this difficult time for those struggling with their heating or energy bills. There is access to funding for insulation measures and emergency boiler replacements for homeowners. Act on Energy are conducting price comparisons on energy bills and there is support available for residents who use prepayment meters.
To find out more please call 0800 988 2881.
Income recovery officers who monitor rent accounts:
- Yusaf Ramzan - 01926 456433
- Mark Herbert - 01926 456435
- Gemma Weller 01926 456456
- Caroline Huckvale - 01926 456438
When you pay your rent on time you contribute to the service Warwick District Council provides for you and your neighbours. Late rent payments mean the council has less to spend on repairing and improving your home and the area you live in.
Failure to make rent payments will result in you losing your home.