Future plans for sports and leisure facilities in Kenilworth
The next phase of our ambitious leisure development programme will see the expansion and improvement of the facilities at both Abbey Fields Swimming Pool and Castle Farm Recreation Centre.
Abbey Fields Swimming Pool
The Cultural Services Team is currently working on a scheme to significantly remodel the existing facilities, making the most of the stunning parkland setting. These plans include;
- A new indoor family pool which can be opened up to a sun terrace through a series of bi-fold doors
- Brand new café for park users and for pool customers, which allows for viewing of the family pool
- The refurbishment of the existing indoor pool so that it can continue to provide a popular swimming venue for the whole community
- A new light and airy entrance and reception area
- Larger, better equipped changing rooms with family-friendly facilities
- A multi-purpose studio for parties, meetings and other activities
Castle Farm Recreation Centre
At Castle Farm, our plans are equally ambitious with designs in progress for a brand new leisure centre with greatly expanded facilities for the whole community to enjoy. Our current scheme includes;
- A new 80 station gym with the latest equipment
- Two exercise studios for group sessions, including the increasingly popular spin bikes
- 6 court sports hall
- New changing facilities
- New spacious reception area and foyer
- New outdoor changing rooms for customers using football pitches
- New petanque terrain
- Exciting new family activity room – plans in development – watch this space!
We are continuing to work with the Kenilworth Wardens as they progress their ideas to move and extend their facilities to the wider Castle Farm site.
Scouts and Guides
We are also working with the Kenilworth Scouts and Guides to identify suitable options for new accommodation either at Castle Farm or at an alternative location in Kenilworth.
What happens next?
The Cultural Services Team is progressing the designs with architects and we are aiming to submit a planning application for both sites towards the end of 2019. The public will have the opportunity to comment on the detail of the proposed designs before the planning application is submitted.
How do I find out more?
As our project progresses we will keep you up to date with leaflets and via our website. If you have any questions or comments in the meantime please email firstname.lastname@example.org.