To comply with statutory requirements the council must publish its Statements of Accounts.
Statement of Accounts 2020/21
The Council’s Statement of Accounts for 2020/21 was approved by the Council’s Finance and Audit Scrutiny Committee on 3 November 2021 and was fully signed off after the completion of the external audit on 9 December 2021.
This document includes our external auditor Grant Thornton’s independent audit report, the Annual Governance Statement, the narrative report and all of the Council's financial statements, including the Comprehensive Income and Expenditure Statement for the financial year and the Balance Sheet as at 31 March 2021.
The audit cannot be fully concluded and the certificate of completion be issued by our external auditor until the Whole of Government Accounts and Value for Money reviews are completed. The Value for Money review is expected to be completed in December. However, the Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) return and guidance is not expected to be released until January 2022, after which it will need to be completed and subject to audit.
Once these are both completed, we can then post the Notice of Conclusion of the Audit, as per 16(1) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
- 2019/20 Statement of Accounts
- 2018/19 Statement of Accounts
- 2017/18 Statement of Accounts
- 2016/17 Statement of Accounts
- 2015/16 Statement of Accounts
- 2014/15 Statement of Accounts
- 2013/14 Statement of Accounts
- 2012/13 Statement of Accounts
- 2011/12 Statement of Accounts
- 2010/11 Statement of Accounts
- 2009/10 Statement of Accounts
- 2008/09 Statement of Accounts
- 2007/08 Statement of Accounts
- 2006/07 Statement of Accounts
For earlier years Statement Of Accounts please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The council is required to disclose certain information in these statements but may add further information or statements as are necessary to ensure fair presentation of its financial position and transactions.