Warwick District Council operates a Rural/Urban Initiatives Scheme (PDF) which gives grants (£1,000 - £30,000) to locally led and run, not-for-profit, community organisations towards capital projects which make use of volunteer labour within the Warwick District area. Capital is defined as 'funds used by an organisation to purchase or upgrade physical assets such as property or equipment'.
- Building repairs and construction
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy technology; insulation, LED lighting, solar panels, heat pumps, boilers
- Disabled access / facilities
- Resurfacing; car-parks, sports courts, play areas
- New facilities; kitchens, toilets
- New equipment; playgrounds, machinery
Applications need not be made in the name of the Parish/Town Council but will need their financial support to enable the project to be considered.Projects should be of a capital nature as explained in the document above.