During this period of uncertainty, we have taken the difficult decision to close the process for applying for the following grants for the 2020/21 financial year:
Arts Development Grants
Community Forum Grants
Rural / Urban Capital Improvement Scheme (RUCIS) Grants
VE Day 75th Anniversary Grant Fund
Once the current COVID-19 situation has stabilised, we will revisit the grants available and may revise criteria for applications to direct funding to address the consequences of the coronavirus emergency.
Warwick District Council operates a Rural/Urban Initiatives Scheme (PDF) which gives grants (£1,000 - £30,000) to locally led and run, not-for-profit, community organisations towards capital projects which make use of volunteer labour within the Warwick District area. Capital is defined as 'funds used by an organisation to purchase or upgrade physical assets such as property or equipment'.
- Building repairs and construction
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy technology; insulation, LED lighting, solar panels, heat pumps, boilers
- Disabled access / facilities
- Resurfacing; car-parks, sports courts, play areas
- New facilities; kitchens, toilets
- New equipment; playgrounds, machinery
Applications need not be made in the name of the Parish/Town Council but will need their financial support to enable the project to be considered.Projects should be of a capital nature as explained in the document above.