Rent is due each Monday. It is important that you pay regularly and do not fall into arrears. If you pay monthly or fortnightly, you must do so in advance to avoid arrears. To make payment as easy as possible we offer a range of methods. You will need to quote your account reference number when making payment. You can find your account reference number on your rent statement.
Direct debit is a convenient, simple and secure way of paying rent.
- Payments are a regular set amount each month and are made automatically from your bank/building society account, so you don’t need to remember to pay each month.
- There is a choice of payment dates on either 2nd, 8th, 14th or 23rd of the month.
- You get 7 working days notice of amounts to be debited from your account if the amount you need to pay changes due to a rent increase or a change in your circumstances, so you can ensure the funds are there.
- Payment by direct debit is secure.
- The council will update your direct debit every year and inform you of any changes.
- You won’t fall behind with the rent payments.
- You will no longer receive reminders to pay.
Alternatively call 01926 456409 and ask for a Direct Debit mandate.
A 24 hour secure internet payment service. Full details and security features.
Call 0800 028 3377. The number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is an automated system requiring you to key in your details over the phone. Calls are FREE from BT landlines. Charges for mobile phones may vary.
Payment in person
You can pay your rent at Paypoint outlets and Post Offices using the barcode printed on all letters sent to you about your rent. To pay by cheque visit the Post Office. Payment can be anywhere in the UK. You should allow at least three working days for your payment to reach your rent account.
You can find a payment barcode on the following documents
- Any rent statement that you may receive
- Reminder or arrears letters
- Your tenancy sign up letter
You can also log on to your rent account and print a copy yourself.
Allpay cards will still work and you can continue to use one but please be aware that a replacement card will not be issued should you lose your present one.
You can pay by standing order which means you pay a set amount every week or month. Once you have filled in a standing order form and sent it to your bank or building society they will make your payments automatically. Remember though if your rent changes you have to tell your bank to amend the payment. If you don't amend these details you will find yourself getting behind with your rent.
With a direct debit we notify you of any changes to your rent and then arrange to take the new payment directly with your bank, leaving you with one less thing to worry about.
Standing Order form (37kb, PDF) - you will need to know your rent account number and the amount you need to pay. Please ring us on 01926 456239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a standing order form to be posted to you.
Please note that none of the council offices have facilities for taking payments.
Rent difficulties and late payments
- Difficulties paying your rent - contact information and advice
- Managing your finances - advice on household budgeting
If you have any further queries, or if you need to be informed of your account reference number, please telephone us on 01926 456408 or 01926 456409 or email email@example.com.
Remember: Your home is at risk if you do not pay rent.