Dangerous Wild Animals Act
The schedule of the act lists animals which are considered dangerous. The list contains
- Various mammals e.g. kangaroos, monkeys, anteaters, porcupines, wolves, bears, tigers, seals, elephants, zebras, buffalo, camels, new world pigs and hybrids of these.
- Various birds e.g .ostrich
- Various reptiles e.g. crocodiles, vipers, lizards
- Various invertebrates e.g. poisonous spiders, scorpions
The annual licence can only be issued after an inspection by the Council's retained veterinary officer and must state which animal it relates to and where the animal will normally be kept and number to be permitted.
The licence cannot be issued if it would be unsafe to the public, the applicant is not a suitable person and conditions are not suitable and secure. Conditions also relate to fire, infections and insurance.
Exemptions - animals kept at a zoo (see Zoo Licensing Act below ), circus , pet shop , scientific laboratory.
If you would like to take advantage of the Council's online payment system, please click on the link below
- Dangerous wild animals licence application form (Word doc)
- Dangerous wild animals renewal licence form (Word doc)
- Annual licence - fee applicable Pay online
Will tacit consent apply?
No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted.
Contact the Licensing Team on 01926 456705 or email email@example.com