What we are trying to do
We aim to create a community hub for sport, leisure and other health related provision. There will also be a range of commercial development on adjacent land to enhance the local area and also to contribute to the cost of building the stadium.
The following is planned:
- A new 5,000 capacity community sports stadium
- Relocation of the athletics track to the site
- A range of commercial activities to provide services to local people and contribute to the cost of building the community stadium
- A master plan has been developed for the whole site showing how all the different uses can be accommodated
- We are working closely with Leamington FC to ensure the new facility meets the needs of the club and the local community
- A new community hub and focal point for sport
- An exciting range of commercial uses
- New neighbourhood services
Sharon McCormack - Community Stadium Project Manager.