Sports clubs and groups
Find sport and physical activity clubs, groups and facilities in Warwick district in our directory:
Sports clubs, groups and facilities directory
If you would like to add your club, group or facility to the directory please complete the form - add, amend or delete your club, group or facility.
This is a signposting service so that you have information on how, when and where you can take part in activities and stay active. The majority of opportunities listed are not operated, organised or managed by Warwick District Council, and we take no liability or responsibility for their delivery.
For further help or information, please contact Manoj Sonecha (Active Communities Officer) : firstname.lastname@example.org / 01926 456221.
Recommended questions to ask before sending your child to any sports club
- Does the club have a separate junior section and membership?
- Is the club affiliated to the National Governing Body?
- Are the coaches qualified?
- Have all the coaches and volunteers been through a Disclosure and Barring Service check?
- Have coaches and volunteers received child protection / safeguarding training?
- Does the coaching and competition take place at safe venues?
- Does the club have first-aid equipment at all coaching and competition?
- Does the club have public liability insurance?
- Are there competitive opportunities for my son / daughter to take part in?
- What opportunities are there for my son / daughter to progress through the club
As well as these questions we would also advise that you meet coaches and volunteers and stay and observe the coaching and competition, before your child joins a new club. By doing this you are not only ensuring the safety of your own child but also ensuring that clubs continue to improve and develop and continue to provide a safe, effective, club friendly club environment.
For further information for clubs, coaches, parents and young people on a range of child protection issues in sport visit the Child Protection in Sport Unit website.
Support for sports clubs and groups
The Club Toolkit developed by Think Active, Sports Structures and Local Authorities, is the first stop for advice, support and resources on various topics such as: marketing, funding, recruitment and retaining volunteers. If you are a local club or group we recommend you visit the Think Active website (www.thinkactive.org) and search 'Club Toolkit'. Here you will be able to access a range of resources and supporting documents.
The Active Communities Officer can provide help and advice on general aspects of club development including: funding, developing links with schools, marketing, coach education and holiday activities. Simply call 01926 456221 for more information. It is advised that clubs contact their individual national governing bodies as well to discuss support available.