If your application has been refused, please discuss with the case officer whether changes to your proposal would make it acceptable, as you may be able to submit a modified application free of charge within 12 months of the refusal. However, you also have a right of appeal which can be made in the following circumstances:
- Refusal of permission
- Permission has been granted but with conditions which are not considered acceptable
- Failure to determine the application within the time allowed (normally 8 weeks from validation of application)
- An Enforcement Notice has been served.
The appeal must be made by the original applicant(s) and must be made within:
- 12 weeks of the decision date for householder applications
- 8 weeks of the decision date for advertisement consent
- 6 months of the decision date for all other applications
You can submit
your appeal online or alternatively the appeal forms can be downloaded from
the Planning Portal
If an appeal is made, the Council will notify relevant consultees and people who have commented on the original application. If you wish to discuss an appeal, please can contact the relevant case officer who dealt with the application.