How to inform us

If you know your circumstances are going to change you can put it in writing to us up to 13 weeks before the change is due to happen. 

There is currently a fault with our electronic change in circumstances form. This issue will be resolved as soon as is possible.

Tell us about a change in circumstances

You must tell us if:

  • any of your children leave school, home or stop getting child benefit
  • anyone moves into or out of your home (including lodgers and subtenants)
  • your income or the income of anyone living with you, including benefit, changes
  • you, or anyone living with you, become a student, go on a youth training scheme, go into hospital or a nursing home, go into prison, or get, change or leave a job
  • your rent changes
  • you move home
  • you or your partner are going to be away from your home for more than a month
  • you receive any decision from the Home Office
  • anything you have told us about changes

Any change in circumstances must be reported to the Benefits section immediately in order to amend your claim and avoid any unnecessary overpayment or loss of entitlement.

Any delay in informing the Benefits section could result in an overpayment which you may have to pay back.

If you have a claim running already you may not need to complete a full new form. However, you still need to advise of any change in your circumstances. Please note all changes must be notified in writing and the relevant proofs confirming this will need to be provided.