We do all we can to cater for the things that are important to our staff. Most jobs are flexible, offering agile working, full or part time and job sharing. You can expect generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme and opportunities for training and personal development.
- Competitive salary
- Agile working (including homeworking*, hybrid working (home and office)*, temporary reduction in hours)
- Flexi time*
- 24 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays & Concessionary Day at Christmas) increasing to 29 days after 5 years’ service and 32 days after 10 years’ service
- Work laptop, additional screen and mobile provided*
- Work chair, and desk allowance for homeworking
- Normal full time working hours 37 per week (including early Friday finish*)
- Free Health and Wellbeing (BUPA) Cash plan scheme and confidential EAP which includes financial signposting and telephone counselling
- Option to join Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Enhanced Maternity pay and provision of Maternity Support Leave
- Cyclescheme (up to £2,500 - includes electric bikes)
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Long service with the Council is recognised at 20, 30 and 40 years (see below)
- “Refer a Friend” scheme - £500 if the friend passes their probationary period
- 1 day or 2 half days paid to volunteer for a charity or community event
- Buy one ticket get one free (or 50% off a single ticket) at Leamington Spa Centre cinema**
- Free health check**
- £10 per person towards a team event**
- Up to £50 towards purchase of low cost and energy efficient household items**
- Work Perks discount Voucher scheme
- Discounts on mobile phone airtime with O2 (25%) and on Microsoft Office 365 subscriptions (up to 30%), and laptops and accessories (10%)
- Opportunity to join Boundless with discounts, entry into attractions and much more Join us | Boundless by CSMA
- 50% off a year’s local family tennis membership**
- Access to training & development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Supportive attendance and absence policies
- A commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Office town centre location - easy to reach by road or public transport (moving to modern offices in Warwick early 2024)
- Free office onsite parking, where available
* Not applicable to all roles
** Offer applies until 31 July 2024
- Benefits of working at Warwick District Council infographic
- Health and Wellbeing at Warwick District Council infographic
Long Service Award
Long service is recognised at 20, 30 and 40 years with a choice of:
- a gift to the value of £419.18 + VAT
- £419.28 cash (taxed) paid into your salary
- one-off entitlement to 2 weeks' additional leave (pro-rata if part time)
A certificate may be chosen to be presented by the Chairman at 20 years and on completion of 20 years' service names are entered in to a draw to attend a Royal Garden Party.
What our staff say about working here
Local Government Career Guide
The Local Government Career Guide, produced by WMJobs, has the answers to all your questions regarding working in local government including all the great benefits that come along with doing so.
The guide includes case studies from 21 people across the West Midlands region showcasing their current role and careers to date, giving you an insight into local government from employees themselves.
Areas covered in the guide include social work, public health, legal, finance and planning among many others.
This guide could be the beginning of your life-changing career in local government!