Green Homes Grants
We have successfully received funding to help residents keep warmer and lower their fuel bills – for free.
Who’s it for?
This scheme is open to private owner-occupied and privately rented properties.
To be eligible you’ll need to:
- Own and live in your home, or privately rent within Warwick District; and
- Have a gross household income of less than £31,000 year OR someone in your home receives a means tested benefit; and
- Live in a home that has an EPC rating of D, E, F or G; if you don’t have an EPC then E.ON will arrange this for you if we think that your property is energy inefficient
If you are eligible for the scheme E.ON will arrange a time to visit and carry out a free home survey. It takes around an hour to complete and will help us recommend the best improvements for your home. The improvements provided to you will be dependent on your homes needs but could include any of the below products
- Solar PV panels
- Loft insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Smart heating controls
- Air source heat pumps
- External wall insulation
How to apply
Act on Energy will be taking care of the application process for this scheme.
You can apply in the following ways:
- Visit the website and apply online
- Call 0800 988 2881 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Please note that if you are applying for a privately rented property, you'll need to have the support of your landlord to make this application. See our FAQs for further information.
How much funding is available for your home?
This will depend on what your home needs, but the total funding available will not exceed £10,000, and if you own your home there is no cost to you for the work, it’s free. The actual amount of funding spent on a property depends on the improvements being received, as each will vary in cost.
Our delivery partners
We are working with the E.ON Energy Solutions and local energy advice organisation Act on Energy to support with the scheme. You can find out more about each partner below.
The energy efficiency improvement(s) for your home will be carried out by an E.ON Trustmark registered contractor.
E.ON will continue to provide you with ongoing support. Warranties, guarantees, and terms and conditions will be provided on completion of the installations. Visit the E.ON Green Homes Funding webpage for more information about the scheme.
Please note that funding is also now available to private landlords for rented properties and tenants are invited to apply for the scheme where they meet the above criteria and after speaking with their landlord - funding is avaialble of up to £5,000 for this element of the scheme. .
About the fund
We have been successful in securing funding from The Sustainable Warmth Competition, which is a scheme run by the Department for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) with the aim to help improve the energy efficiency of low-income households and improve the least energy-efficient properties for free.
This helps residents by improving the warmth and comfort of their homes, whilst reducing energy bills and carbon emissions.
Partners on the scheme
Let’s have a look at the partners on the scheme and what they are each doing.
E.ON is a national energy solutions company and will help with the following:
- Carrying out the energy assessment of your home to check the EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) rating
- Installing the improvements and this could be air source heat pumps, solar PV or loft insulation depending on whether these are suitable for your property
You can contact E.ON by telephone on 0333 202 4820 (offices are open Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm)
Act on Energy are a well-respected local energy charity. They will help you with the following:
- Managing the application process
- Understanding your current energy spend
- How to save more money through fuel switching
- Signpost you to other support agencies such as financial help with bills where required
You can contact Act On Energy on 0800 988 2881.
Warwick District Council are responsible for overseeing this work, making sure you are happy in the process and the installation work is completed to the expected standard. If you have any queries or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about air source heat pumps, solar PV and loft insulation
Please find the simple guides below about the measures for more information: