It is generally agreed that the greatest risk to the area of Warwick district is the fluvial flooding of the rivers Leam and Avon and its other river systems.
Flooded or at risk
Flooding can be reported to Warwickshire Country Council if your property is flooded or at risk of flooding:
- Flooding on the Warwickshire County Council website
- Telephone: 01926 412515 (or call the Police on non-emergency 101 after 6.30pm)
Please be prepared to give the following information:
- Are you flooded (is the water inside your property)?
- Are you at risk of flooding?
- Where is the water now?
- Your contact details
Sandbags may be available from Warwickshire County Council on the above number.
Insurance for homes affected by flooding
Flood Re is a joint Government and insurance industry initiative to enable you to find affordable insurance for qualifying properties that are at risk of flooding or have been flooded. For details about the scheme and eligibility visit the Flood Re website.
- Your current risk of flooding - enter your postcode and see the risk at your home
- Sign up for flood warnings
- Contact the Environment Agency Floodline on 0345 988 1188